Learning Academies | Collaboration | Gymnasium | Cafeteria | Information Center | Administrative Offices
2 story | 100,000 SF | $16M | Phoenix | 2011
Built in 1953 and located in Central Phoenix in a tight knit community that has celebrated the history of the place with generations of families that have attended the Papago School over the years, this project was of special community significance to the Creighton Elementary School District and the community-at-large. This historical context of place, people, and education are all celebrated in the design of this school through thematic layers that inspired the masterplan and design of the campus. The learning academies celebrate the notion of collaboration, mentoring and serendipitous learning with transparency that mediates the indoor-outdoor connection. Every space within the indoor-outdoor school environment is designed to be flexible, adaptable and with a learning connection. Project completed while at Orcutt | Winslow.